Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School1 determined that eating a one-ounce serving of nuts at least twice a week decreases your chance of developing pancreatic pseudocysts and cancerous cysts. Decrease your chances of developing pancreatic cancer with this easy, delicious recipe.
1. 2 cups puffed brown rice cereal
2. 1 cup dried apricots, cut in quarters
3. 1 cup dried tart cherries
4. 1.5 cups roasted almonds
5. 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
6. 2 T unsalted butter
7. 2 T packed brown sugar
8. 1/2 cup honey
9. Sea salt or kosher salt
1. Line an 8″x8″ pan with foil and lightly butter
2. In a large bowl, combine puffed brown rice cereal, dried fruits, almonds and chocolate.
3. In a small saucepan, heat butter, brown sugar and honey over medium heat until butter melts. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until completely coated.
4. Spread into prepared 8″x8″ pan and press firmly down. Sprinkle sea salt on top of bars. Chill for about one hour.
RECIPE SOURCE: WHITEONRICECOUPLE.COM.